Clean Eating Oven Roasted Tomato and Eggplant Soup is a quick, healthy meal! This vegan soup will be on your table in less than 30 minutes!
So I have a secret… and it totally affects The Tasty Fork. This might be hard to take but I’ve cut carbs and sugar out of my diet…. In my mind, I can see mouths dropping. Trust me, it hasn’t been easy… but I enjoy a challenge. Being creative with food is something I LOVE…. and the carbs won’t be gone forever. I’ll be adding healthy carbohydrates back into my life soon, like 11 days. Can you tell I’m counting down??
As for sugar, moderation is key. I’ve never fancied myself as a dessert blogger. But with the holidays coming up, I will post dessert recipes. I’m going to try to make them as healthy as I can….but if they aren’t, oh well. I’ll just make it up at the gym.
My clean eating menu plan started after feeling sluggish and clothes not fitting right. I’m a short girl, so any kind of weight gain, even 5 lbs, shows on me. So instead of being unhappy with my jeans feeling like their painted on, I’m taking control and making changes with what I eat. I’m totally committed! And I’m glad I’m starting now. With Thanksgiving around the corner, then Christmas and then New Years – there are just too many opportunities to pack on a few more pounds.
One thing I won’t eat is boring food. This clean eating soup is ANYTHING but boring…. and it’s super easy! All you do is roast cherry tomatoes, eggplant, garlic and ginger in the oven for 20 minutes. Put all of the oven goodness in a blender with some stock, blend until smooth. That’s it. You’re done. I think this soup is really tasty! It tastes better than any kind of soup you can get from a can. Oven Roasted Tomato & Eggplant Soup is perfect for adults and kids. Make it for dinner any night of the week. This clean eating recipe is just too easy to pass up!
Are you a clean eater? What’s your favorite clean eating recipe? (I’m always looking for suggestions!!)
- 2 (10.5 oz) packages of grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 white eggplant, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 cups veggie stock (If you have a Trader Joe's by you, try the Miso Ginger Broth!)
- Sriracha (if you want some heat, start with 1 tsp. Add more if needed.)
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Set the oven to 400 degrees. On a baking pan lined with parchment paper, add the tomatoes, diced eggplant, garlic and ginger. Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix everything with your hands. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the tomato skins start to wrinkle.
- Add all of the oven roasted ingredients to a blender along with the lemon juice and stock. (and sriracha, if using!) Blend until smooth. Add more stock if you want a thinner soup. Garnish with basil.