The other day I noticed The Tasty Fork Fan page on Facebook hit over 1300 likes! I couldn’t believe it!!! Facebook is a great way to interact with my readers and I’m so happy there are 1300 people who care what I have to say. LOL.
Things are starting to warm up where I live. How about you?? I’ve been able to grill out a few times and take the dog for long walks. You want to know where else things were getting hot? In my fridge. We got a new refrigerator in January because our last one died. So imagine my surprise when I open the fridge on Sunday morning to get out all of the food I made for a wedding shower only to find my fridge smelled like death. There was NO way I could serve the things I made. I was flustered and pretty annoyed especially since the shower started in just a few hours.
The repair man couldn’t come out to fix it until Monday. He said to wait 24 hours before loading it up with food again just to make sure it would be cold enough. I was pissed we had to throw away so much food and condiment essentials. Here is a tip I learned – If you’re trying to get rid of a rancid odor in your fridge, DO NOT spray Febreeze. It totally doesn’t work the same like it does in an open air space. Ooops. I now have 2 baking soda boxes just hanging out in the fridge. I guess that’s why opening a box of baking soda is classic method of removing odors because it works.
Since my fridge is fiiiinally cold enough to store food, I’m sharing with you Salmon Tacos. Fish tacos totally make me think of summer! I feel like it’s a bit “lighter” than the everyday meat tacos we eat and I’ve changed it up a bit by adding two fun garnishes; Greek Yogurt Slaw and Mango Avocado Salsa. Two 6 ounce salmon fillets were enough for 6 loaded tacos. The Mango Avocado Salsa recipe has been doubled so I could serve some on the side with corn tortilla chips. It rounds out to be a restaurant quality meal!
What meals make YOU think of summer??
- 1 (16-ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt-free Mexican seasoning blend, divided
- 2 (6 oz each) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 cups finely diced mango
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Tortilla Chips (optional)
- To make the slaw - combine the first 7 ingredients and 1 tablespoon of the Mexican seasoning. Stir and set aside.
- Sprinkle fish with remaining 1 tablespoon seasoning blend. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish, and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Break fish into small pieces. Serve in warmed corn tortillas, topped with slaw and salsa.
- For the salsa - Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. This recipe has been doubled so it can be served with chips.