I have a serious addiction…and my first step to recovery is admitting it, right? My inner demon has been with me since I was little and my need for it happens everyday. I don’t even care if I can’t kick the habit.
This addiction I’m writing about is chocolate and peanut butter. I’m not ashamed I have peanut butter cups hidden around the house, chocolate and peanut butter ice cream in the freezer or pin just about everything with chocolate & peanut butter in the recipe title. (I really do need a pin board JUST for peanut butter and chocolate recipes!)
When I was a kid, my favorite cereal was Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch. We always had it in the pantry and my Mom would spoil me by adding a little cream to milk in my bowl. It was so rich and fantastic. Almost like getting a treat for breakfast.
I probably haven’t had Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter Cereal for 15 years. But as soon as I opened the box and took a bite, it reminded me of being a kid. I won’t wait another 15 years to get another box, that’s for sure!
I went over to the Cap’n Crunch website the other days to see if they had any recipes. I was so excited to see a cereal bar recipe and I couldn’t wait to make it. Guess what it combined — Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch cereal and chocolate. I couldn’t wait to eat it!
This bar is a lot like a rice crispy treat. The same method is used to make these Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter & Chocolate Bars. (melt butter & marshmallows and then combining it with the cereal.) It’s super easy and will take you 5 minutes.
If there ever is a time when I don’t have a chocolate & peanut butter treat in the house to eat, I know I can get my fix with these Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch & Chocolate Bars.
- 5 cups Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter Cereal
- 1/2 cup Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tbsp sprinkles (optional)
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 bag (10 oz) Marshmallows
- 1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- In a 13 x 9 casserole dish, line with foil and coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine cereal, chocolate and sprinkles in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, microwave butter for 45 seconds. Repeat until butter is melted.
- Add marshmallows and peanut butter to the melted butter. Stir and microwave for 45 seconds. Continue to microwave until marshmallows are melted.
- This step must be done quickly - Add cereal to marshmallow mixture. Stir to combine. Press firmly into the casserole dish. Let it cool before cutting into squares. Decorate with extra sprinkles. (optional.)
Recipe from Cap’n Crunch