I think I could eat just about anything wrapped in a tortilla… but quesadillas are one of my favorites. I’m always trying to think of new quesadilla recipes. And with every quesadilla, there must be salsa. (Another one of my favorite things!)
I’m cooking for 1 this week. The hubby is out of town so I find myself wanting more appetizer/snack meals. I originally planned to make Shrimp quesadillas on Saturday but instead I ate a bag of BBQ popchips. Ooops..
So I made this little appetizer for dinner last night and it was perfectly filling! I filled the quesadilla with shrimp, onions, tomatoes, corn, cilantro and pepperjack cheese. Spicy Mango Salsa recipe is something I make pretty often, as I can easily eat chips and salsa for dinner any night of the week. I like to add avocado, jalapenos, cilantro and onion to my mango salsa. Its sweet, spicy and has a creamy texture from the avocado.
I’m totally in love with this quesadilla recipe and I’ll definitely be making it again!
If you haven’t already, remember to sign up for my Valentine’s Day Giveaway! I created a cute gift pack with products from Crate & Barrel. I’d loooove to keep it for myself but I’ll be nice and give it to a lucky reader. Sign up now!
Shrimp Quesadilla with Spicy Mango Salsa
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 20 cooked shrimp, tails removed
- Cumin, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 4 tortillas, burrito size
- 2 cups mango, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Tortilla Chips
- Saute over medium heat oil, onions and garlic. Stir and cook until onions are soft. Add tomatoes and corn, cook for 1 min. Add shrimp, cumin and salt. Cook for 1 more minute.
- In a clean skillet, place tortilla in pan. On one 1/2 of the tortilla, sprinkle cheese & shrimp & veggie filling. Add a dash of cilantro and more cheese on top. Fold the empty half over the filling. Cook for 3-5 minutes and flip. Brown the other side of the tortilla for 3 minutes. Slice into triangles and serve with salsa and chips.
- To make Spicy Mango Salsa – Add mangos and the next 5 ingredients into a bowl. Add a dash of salt and taste. Serve right away or store in an airtight container.