If you’re here today in hopes I have the most original chocolate chip cookie recipe on the internet, well sorry. You aren’t going to find that here.
After having summer weather for over a week, Thursday morning was a cold and harsh surprise. I took out the dog and ran back inside. It was 45 degrees. What the **** Mother Nature??!! It’s Memorial Day Weekend. These chilly days should be long behind us.
When Mother Nature gives you crappy weather, make cookies. (That’s my new motto.)
Every family has their favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. When I was a kid and I’d ask my Mom for chocolate chip cookies, she’s head over to the baking pantry and bring out a bag of Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chips. We’d follow the recipe right on the bag. When I was old enough to cook on my own, I’d throw all of the ingredients in the bowl at once and just mix it. My Mom would wince, but she never corrected me. I think she was happy I wanted to be in the kitchen with her.
Now that I’m older, when I get a craving for chocolate chip cookies, I still use the classic Nestle Toll House Recipe on the bag of chocolate chips. All that’s changed is I now mix the ingredients correctly….and sometimes I’ll do a combination of semi-sweet & milk chocolate chips. These chocolate chip cookies are absolutely perfect.
Why mess with perfection??
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (or a combo of semi-sweet and milk chocolate)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I like pecans)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and mix. Set aside. In a large bow, mix butter, both sugars and vanilla extract. Mix with a hand mixer until the consistency is creamy. Continue to mix and add one egg at a time.
- Add the dry ingredients 1 cup at a time. Be sure the dry ingredients are well combined before adding more. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.