Chicken and a crock pot unite to make this easy 5 Ingredient Chicken Tacos Recipe! This is one of the tastiest chicken recipes you’ll make for dinner.
If you follow me on Facebook, you’ll know I’ve come down with that pesky flu bug. I’ve been dealing with a constant headache, chills, sore throat and feeling so exhausted. I’ve been drinking lots of water and getting in more sleep than ever, but nothing seems to be working.
Since I’ve been hardly awake, I need EASY meals for dinner. Like, I don’t want to think about it kind of meals. Chicken recipes and a crock pot go hand in hand when I’m wanting to make an easy dinner.
The best part about this recipe – you only need 5 ingredients! Add chicken, salsa and pineapple in the slow cooker. When the chicken is cooked, shred and serve with avocado and a corn tortilla. That’s all you need! Or for a low carb option – ditch the tortilla and serve in a the shell of a hallowed avocado.
5 Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Tacos is one of the easiest chicken recipes you need to makes ASAP. It’s perfect on those winter nights when you don’t have time to think about dinner… or just don’t feel like making anything!
- 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) jar of your favorite salsa (I picked out Taco Bell Medium Salsa)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 8-12 soft corn tortillas
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Add chicken breasts, salsa and pineapple. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- When chicken is cooked, remove chicken to shred. Cut up avocado and warm up tortillas. Serve chicken in tortilla with pineapple and avocado. Or for a low carb option, mix up chicken, pineapple and avocado and serve like a salad in an avocado shell.