Thai Chicken Zucchini Boats is a low carb dinner recipe that’s easy to assemble and fun to eat!
Have you ever had a week where you feel like everything is being thrown at you all at once?? For me, it was one of those weeks. I decided to move away from Blue Host, the internet server for my blog. I’ve been growing pretty fast (thank you, readers!!!) and Blue Host couldn’t support the demand. It’s been something I’ve been thinking about for awhile but I got a major kick in the pants to move when Cosmo.com shared my Protein Packed Detox Salad. My site crashed. And I felt like a huge disappointment for those who were trying to get to the recipe.
Even though I run a blog, I’m not a technical person. HTML, CSS, image mapping… all of that stuff is totally over my head. So I’m sure you can imagine I was a little stressed when I pulled the trigger with a new host. Luckily, the new server company did the transfer of The Tasty Fork for me but I had to move my domain to a new company. I won’t get into too many details, but having to do the move myself made my hands sweat. I was terrified of doing something wrong. Luckily, the process was easy but the “Internet Gods” took a few days to get everything synced up. Some people could see my posts, others couldn’t.
I was pretty frustrated with everything come Thursday night. When I’m under pressure the last thing I want to think about is making sure dinner is ready by the time Jim get’s home. A stress free meal needs to be on the menu. Thai Chicken Zucchini Boats are hallowed out zucchinis filled with shredded chicken, veggies and homemade Thai sauce. It’s so easy to put together!
I’m totally obsessed with Thai Chicken anything! Especially pizza and noodles. But since I’m trying to live more of a low carb/no sugar lifestyle, I had to swap out the dough and noodles for zucchini. Use a small spoon to hallow out the zucchini, fill the zucchini with chicken mixed with the Thai sauce and top with cheese. Bake for 25 minutes. Squeeze fresh lime juice and garnish with cilantro. You’ve got a filling meal that’s totally fun to eat. I like to cut the zucchini in half and eat it like pizza. No utensils required.
We all live busy lives – whether it’s dealing with a demanding job, raising kids or migrating your blog (tehe), an easy and healthy recipe like Thai Chicken Zucchini Boats makes getting dinner on the table the easiest part of your day.
- 4 zucchinis
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp almond or peanut butter
- splash red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with tin foil. Set aside.
- Cut zucchini vertically and remove the seeds and flesh with a spoon. You should have 8 zucchini boats. In a pot of boiling water, add zucchini and cook for 1 minute. Shake off excess water and place zucchini on the baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, onions and red pepper. In a small bow, add garlic and the next 6 ingredients (up to honey.) Stir. Pour sauce over chicken and mix until well combined. Scoop chicken mixture and press into the hallowed zucchini. Repeat until all of the zucchini halves are filled. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove zucchini boats from oven. Squeeze fresh lime juice over zucchini and garnish with cilantro. Eat immediately.