Cheesy Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites are tasty meatballs perfect for the Super Bowl. They taste like a chicken wing, but with out the mess! Make your own Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing as a healthy dipping sauce.
Buffalo chicken recipes are always big hits at parties! Especially the Super Bowl!! I love these Cheesy Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites because their so easy, less messy than wings and a sneaky healthy option. Sneaky meaning people won’t know these bites are good for you.
Buffalo Chicken Bites have all of the elements you want in a game day snack food. Melty cheese. Buffalo Sauce. Meatballs. It doesn’t get any better than that! Instead of using a bottled blue cheese dressing, make your own! Mix Greek Yogurt, blue cheese crumbles, buffalo sauce and lemon juice – you’ll have a healthy dipping sauce. It’s even great with veggies!
Regardless of who you’re cheering for this Super Bowl, Cheesy Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites are a winning recipe!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup 2% skim milk cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce, like Frank's
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp flour, I used a Gluten Free Flour from Bob's Red Mill
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayo
- 1/2 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp buffalo sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Set the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a slip mat.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the buffalo chicken bites. Take about 2 tbsp of the mixture and shape into meatballs and place on the baking sheet. This recipe should make 12 meatballs. Bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- For the dressing - mix all of the ingredients until well combined. Serve with Cheesy Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites.