Christmas Morning Monkey Bread is a festive breakfast perfect for entertaining kids and adults! With the help of Pillsbury Grands, this breakfast is on the table in 40 minutes.
I can hardly believe we’re just over 10 days away from Christmas. Have you started your holiday shopping yet?? What about menu planning? In our house, we usually have a big breakfast on Christmas day. It’s important to have food you can snack on while opening gifts. Christmas Morning Monkey Bread totally fits that bill!
I strayed from the traditional monkey bread to make a variation that’s sure to impress your family. Each Pillsbury Grand Biscuit is stuffed with cream cheese, turkey sausage and apples. Instead of baking monkey bread in a bundt pan, I used muffin pans. (To make this recipe, you will need atleast 2 muffin tins.) Bake for 20 minutes or until biscuits are browned.
Since each biscuit is cooked individually, it makes it easy to create a fun way to plate this tasty breakfast! I wanted a Christmas Tree kind of look. I cut a Vienna bread load in half (vertically) and then cut both sides of the bread so it looks like a triangle. Insert a toothpick into monkey bread and start to line the sides and front of bread loaf. (I didn’t “decorate” the back side of the bread.) I used 20 biscuits for this Monkey Bread Tree. Luckily, Pillsbury sells a a 4-pack of their biscuits, so in case you need more biscuits, you don’t have to run back to the store! Top off your tree with warmed maple syrup and holiday sprinkles.
Your family will be so excited to eat this Christmas Morning Monkey Bread. Not only is it tasty and drenched with syrup – it’s super festive! I hope you make it and love this monkey bread as much as I do!
- .5 lb ground turkey sausage
- 1/2 granny smith apple, diced
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (20 biscuits)
- Cooking Spray
- 4 oz reduced fat Philadelphia cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 large crusty loaf of bread
- Maple Syrup, warmed
- Sprinkles, for decorating
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 (12 cup) muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a warmed skilled, add sausage. Cook until no pink remains. Add apples and cook for 5 more minutes. Set aside.
- Remove biscuits from can. Spray hands with cooking spray and flatten a biscuit with your hands. Place a cream cheese cube and 1 tbsp of the sausage mixture to the center of the biscuit. Seal up the biscuit and roll into a ball. Place in the muffin pan with the sealed side down. Repeat with the remaining biscuits. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the loaf of bread in half (vertically). Place the cut side down on the cutting board and cut both sides of the bread so it's in the shape of a triangle. Grab one piece of monkey bread and insert a toothpick about halfway. Stick the other side of the toothpick into the loaf of bread. Line the sides and front of bread with the monkey bread, starting with the bottom of the loaf working your way up.
- When the monkey bread is all set up, pour the maple syrup all over. Have some additional syrup on the side for serving. Sprinkle the sprinkles all over the monkey bread for a festive look.