Hot Fudge Thumbprint Cookies with Caramel Drizzle is a decadent holiday cookie recipe. Top them off with some sprinkles to get you in a festive mood!
I participated in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Exchange this year. This was my first time doing such a thing. Here is how it works – you’re assigned to 3 bloggers and send them a dozen cookies. In return, 3 bloggers are assigned to me and I received 3 boxes of holiday cookies. I had no idea I’d be so excited to get cookies in the mail…. well, I take that back. Of course I’d be checking the mail everyday with anticipation of cookies arriving! I was more than impressed with the cookies I received from Lynsey Lou’s, Foodtastic Mom & Stetted. Visit their blogs to see what they sent me!
The holiday cookie I sent to my 3 bloggers were these Hot Fudge Thumbprint Cookies with Caramel Drizzle. This is a great cookie for the holiday season. The cookie is like a brownie, filled with hot fudge and finished off with a little caramel. It’s rich and decadent! This was my first cookie exchange and in hindsight, I should’ve left off the caramel on the cookie but include a little container of caramel so the cookie receiver could add it themselves. Some of the cookies were sticking together so I hope I didn’t annoy my cookie bloggers!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 1-oz. unsweetened chocolate squares , melted & cooled to room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 10-oz. jar hot fudge
- Christmas sprinkles
- 1 10-oz. jar caramel sauce
- In a bowl, combine sugar, oil and chocolate with a hand mixer. Blend for about 1 minute. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In sections, add flour mixture to the wet ingredients mixing on medium speed after each addition. Cover bowl and chill for atleast 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with a slipmat or parchment paper. Using a tablespoon, shape dough into balls. (I like to use cooking spray on my hands so nothing sticks!) Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and use the bottom of a shot glass to make the thumbprint in the middle of each cookies. Let cookies cool on a wire rack.
- Warm hot fudge. Fill thumbprint with hot fudge and Christmas sprinkles. Cool in the fridge or freezer. Drizzle warmed caramel over the cookies. Return cookies to the freezer until caramel is set.