I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This M&Ms shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and Mars.
Peppermint Brownies with M&Ms are 3 bite treats you can share with friends and family. The bright colors of the M&Ms and a light peppermint flavor make these brownies the perfect dessert this holiday season.
Is there a better candy than M&Ms? I love plain M&Ms and Peanut M&Ms the most. It’s my go to candy when we go to the movies… which is something we’ll be doing this weekend since it’s going to be so cold. I’m finally going to see Catching Fire. I feel like I’m the last person in the world to see it. Granted, I know what happens since I already the book, but I’m hoping this movie is better than Hunger Games. Oh, and there is more Peeta… He’s my favorite.
Peppermint is all the rage this season. Have you tried any peppermint recipes this year? I must admit, I’m not gaga for peppermint but I do love peppermint and chocolate. I created a peppermint brownie because there is nothing better than a chocolaty brownie! And to up the chocolate factor, I added plain M&Ms to the batter. This is a chocolate lovers brownie! I always grab the end piece brownies – the chewiness of the ends with a super soft center is the best!! By baking these brownies in muffin cups, every brownie has a chewy outside and a soft center. YUM!!
Plain M&Ms are filled with milk chocolate and a great add in for your holiday baking. Since these peppermint brownies are like individual muffins, they’re easy to bring to office parties, a kids holiday party at school or sharing with your neighbors. I hope you try them and like these peppermint brownies with M&M’s as much as I do!
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. peppermint extract
- 1 cup Plain M&Ms
- For garnish - more M&Ms
- Set oven to 300 degrees. Line muffin tin with muffin liners. Spray with cooking spray
- Combine the flour, sifted unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the butter and 1 cup chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Whisk together the eggs and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- Stir melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until smooth.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture with a spatula until no streaks remain. Fold in M&Ms.
- Use a large ice cream/cookie scooper, scoop batter into each muffin tin. Tin should be 2/3 full. Add more M&Ms to the top of each brownie.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes. Remove from oven, let brownies cool for 5 minutes. Move brownies to wire rack to finish cooling.
Right now there is an awesome Baking is Better with M Pinterest Sweepstakes going on for M&M’s!!
Pin for a chance to win one of three $250 Walmart gift cards! It’s as easy as submitting your email and pinning an image. Simply complete the following steps:
1. Enter your email in the form below and click “Enter”
2. Pin the contest image to any of your own Pinterest boards
3. Visit the Baking with M Pinterest board and Re-Pin your favorites to enter http://www.pinterest.
Three (3) Winners will be selected at random – One (1) entry per person.
Contest runs 12/06/13 – 12/31/13