Vanilla Chai Spiced Granola is sweet with a touch of spice. This granola is perfect in a Greek yogurt parfait or just munching on it’s own.
Last week when I waited 5 hours in Naperville to meet Ree Drummond, I spent 4 of those hours at Starbucks. I stayed there until they kicked me out. First time I’ve ever closed down a coffee shop. #GoMe
Not wanting to drink my calories, I went the tea route instead of one of those wonderful holiday drinks. I must admit, I was jealous when mobs of teenage girls came in ordering peppermint mochas. I miss my teenager metabolism. Do you??
My beverage of choice was a Vanilla Rooibos Chai Tea. It was so good! I know I’m a little late to the chai game, but if you’ve never tried a chai tea, you must! It kind of smells like Christmas.
To make this Vanilla Chai Spiced Granola, you’ll make your own chai spice mix using ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves are cardamom. I think it’s the cardamom spice that really gives the granola a Christmas smell. This spice mix would be great for making a variety of things – cookies, breads, pancakes — so feel free to make more. You might want to have it on hand!
I have another granola recipe on The Tasty Fork which I love! But this recipe is a lot healthier. No sugar, no corn syrup. Vanilla Chai Spiced Granola is a clean eating recipe you can feel good eating.
I’ve always been a fan of making yogurt parfaits with granola. For a quick breakfast, make this granola and layer it with Greek Yogurt and pomegranate seeds. The bright red pomegranate seeds look like little jewels… perfect for the holidays.
Have you tried anything chai spiced before? Do you like it?? Tell me in the comments!
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 cups raw, whole rolled oats (also called old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup dried fruit (I picked cranberries)
- Set oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the dried fruit. Use hands to mix everything. Spread mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and mix in fruit. Let granola cool before serving.
- To make parfait, layer granola, Greek Yogurt and then your favorite fruit. Repeat layers atleast one more time.