Pampered Chef’s Rockcrok is the must have item for fall cooking! I’m giving a Rockcrok away (and some awesome serveware!!) to one lucky Tasty Fork Reader. The Rockcrok can be used on the stove, oven, microwave and grill. The Rockcrok is perfect for savory soups, warm casseroles and tender roasts.
The Rockcrok helps you cut down on dish duty so you can spend more time actually enjoying a meal with your family. This cookware’s high heat resistance lets you broil, bake, brown, stovetop cook, microwave and even grill – all in one pan! Its unique blend of clay materials allows for higher heat retention, keeping food hot longer, and no pre-seasoning or soaking is required. Bottom line: it’s the one dish you need to do it all. The Rockcrok has two size options – 2.5 qt Everyday Pan & 4 qt Dutch Oven.
I had the opportunity to try the Everyday Pan Rockcrok last weekend to make something special for Jim since our anniversary is on Tuesday. I wanted to get the full range of the Rockcrok, so I decided to braise short ribs — the cooking method requires stove top and oven cooking. I must say, I loved how nice it was to have an oven safe pan at this size. Many of my oven safe pans are large. The Everyday Pan fit 8 tasty beef short ribs just perfectly. I love how easy it was to have only one pot to clean! When I’ve made short ribs in a crock pot, I always brown the meat and vegetables before putting them in the slow cooker. Problem solved! The glass lid is also a nice touch. You can look directly into your meal and see how things are cooking. I can’t wait to make more recipes in the Rockcrok!
- 2 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 10 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 head of garlic, halved crosswise
- additional parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season short ribs with salt & pepper. Add oil to Rockcrot, and once the oil is hot, brown short ribs on all sides. You may have to brown short ribs in batches. Set short ribs aside when done browning.
- Add onions, carrots and celery to the Rockcrot. Saute for 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add tomato paste and flour; stir until well combined into the veggie mixture. Continue to stir and cook for about 3 minutes. Slowly stream in wine and bring to a boil. Add the short ribs back to the Rockcrok. Let the mixture simmer for 20 minutes. Add beef stock & stir. Add all of the herbs and garlic. Cover Rockcrok and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove short ribs from Rockcrok. Spoon out all other ingredients except the cooking liquid. Taste sauce and season with salt & pepper. Pour sauce over short ribs. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve short ribs with polenta or mashed potatoes.
I served these short ribs with Goat Cheese Polenta. Recipe is from The Pioneer Woman.
Pampered Chef has so many fun items, perfect for a cook at any level! I’ve been buying their products for years and I always find something new at a Pampered Chef party. Stay up to date on all things Pampered Chef!
Check out all of the new fall items from Pampered Chef.
Get delicious recipes from the Pampered Chef Pinterest Page.
I’m giving away one lucky reader a Pampered Chef Rockcrok gift pack!
Rockcrok Everyday Pan OR Dutch Oven (whichever you chose)
Bamboo Specialty Cooking Set
Basic Nylon 4-piece Set
I was compensated by The Pampered Chef for this post, but all of my opinions are my own.