Pumpkin Pie Bread is an easy quick bread recipe. It’s dense and rich just like pumpkin pie but baked into bread. It’s perfect for breakfast, a snack or dessert.
Oh Fall, where are you?? The kids are back in school. Football season has kicked off. I get atleast 5 emails a day about buying fall boots. Seriously, when will Mother Nature get with the program??!! Chicago has been having record breaking heat for the month of September.
Instead of constantly complaining about how I’m sweating in September, I’m approaching things in a new way. I’m going the route of, “If you build it, Fall will come.” So I give you Pumpkin Pie Bread.
I stocked up on pumpkin puree, a few fall spices and cranked up my oven. (I’m seriously taking one for the team if I’m using my oven to bake in 90+ degree heat.)
Most of the ingredients are pantry staples. I did make a healthy substitute which really keeps the bread moist. Instead of using a full cup of oil, use 1/2 cup of cinnamon applesauce and 1/2 cup of oil. This healthy switch up doesn’t make me feel bad when I’m slathering butter on a slice of pumpkin pie bread.
Ok… so Monday’s weather had a temperature of upper 90′s. The weather guy said Friday’s high temperature will be a high of 65 degrees. Maybe even a little cooler since I live by Lake Michigan. I like to think my new approach worked! What are you looking forward to this fall??
- 3.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Stir. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugars, oil, applesauce, eggs, pumpkin and water. Stir in flour mixture. Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. For best flavor, store wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for a full day before serving.