Corn and Crab Quesadillas are an easy meal perfect for those busy weeknights. This recipe will be on your table in less than 30 minutes! This is a restaurant quality meal your family will love!
Have your kids started school yet? I’m not a Mom but I can tell when school starts again around the city…. It get’s so quite. There aren’t as many kids running around, the parks are less crowded and day traffic seems to be lighter. Like many people, I look forward to the fall because I feel like I get my life back.
Whether your Mom or a busy body, getting dinner made during the week can be a daunting. I know there are those nights when you might think it’s easier to pick up the phone and order something….but I think there is nothing better than a home cooked meal with your family. Crab & Corn Quesadillas are totally something you can make at home in less than 30 minutes. I don’t think the pizza guy can offer that one to you.
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions (5 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 lb chopped cooked crabmeat or imitation crabmeat (2 cups)
- 6 spinach-cilantro flavored flour tortillas (8 to 10 inch)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Guacamole, sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- In medium bowl and with a hand mixer, mix cream cheese, corn, cilantro, onions, cheese, pepper and red pepper. Fold in crabmeat. Spread 2/3 cup of the crabmeat mixture over each tortilla; fold tortilla in half, pressing lightly. Brush both sides of each tortilla with butter.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook 3 tortillas at a time over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, turning once, until light brown. Serve with gaucamole, sour cream and cilantro.
Looking for more back to school ideas and recipes? Just click on one of the links below.