Black Bean Soup with Bacon is a delicious soup perfect for an evening when you need to get a meal on the table fast. It’s a soup recipe loaded with black beans, tomatoes, jalapenos and BACON.
Black Bean Soup is one of my favorite soups to make when I’m short on time and hungry. This week, my husband is traveling to New York for work and I’m going to meet him on Thursday night. For me, that means I have 7 days worth of work to squeeze into 3 days. I’m feeling a lot of pressure to get everything done and I’d rather not fuss over what to make for dinner. It’s just me, so why not go the easy route?! To dress up my everyday black bean soup recipe, I added bacon to it. Bacon adds a rich flavor and let’s be honest, bacon makes everything better!
Black Bean Soup with Bacon is so darn delicious! There is the prefect amount of spice, a smooth texture and LOTS of bacon. The touch of lime really stands out and pairs nicely with the cilantro garnish. This soup recipe can be on your table in 30 minutes! On those nights when time is not on your side, give this Black Bean Soup with Bacon a try. It’s a one pot meal your family will love!
- 2 (15 oz) cans of black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (14.4 oz) can of diced tomatoes with chilies, onions & cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 7 slices of bacon, cut into pieces
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, ribs & seeds removed
- 1 tbsp cumin (more to taste if needed)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- cilantro, for garnish
- diced tomatoes, for garnish
- In a blender or food processor, combine black beans, tomatoes (with the liquid) and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pot or dutch oven, add olive oil over a medium heat. Add slices bacon, onions and garlic. Saute until bacon is crispy and onions are soft. Remove a few bacon pieces and set on a paper lined plate. Add cumin and jalapenos.
- Pour in chicken broth and scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add black bean mixture and stir until well combined. Bring to a boil. Cover with lid, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, top with bacon pieces, cilantro and tomato.
It’s Bacon Month!! If you love bacon, check out these bacon recipes from some of my favorite bloggers!! We’ll be sharing our bacon recipes until the end of August. Be sure to follow our #BaconMonth pinboard!