Cost Plus World Market has partnered up with Lorina (Lorina French Lemonade) to offer a dream trip for 2 to Paris and more! To get in the French Spirit, I created three crepe recipes – a breakfast crepe, savory crepe and dessert crepe. All three crepes are paired with a refreshing peach bubbly.
I’ve never been to France. Have you? I did take a French Bistro class in culinary school and one of the things we had to master was the French Crepe. Crepes are like a very thin pancake and are very versatile. When I think of crepe recipes, I’m more familiar with dessert style crepes. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and experiment with breakfast & savory recipes for this post.
World Market makes it very easy to get prepared for crepe making! I bought a crepe skillet and crepe mix. Having a very flat skillet makes flipping the crepe a lot easier. I’d high recommend buy this pan if you like crepes! Using a dry crepe mix made things a lot easier for me. I haven’t been baking much this summer, so I’m running low on my baking ingredients. It was nice just to add a few ingredients to the dry mix and then I had crepe batter all ready to go!
The breakfast crepe recipe is perfect for the strawberry lover! Whipped Strawberry Crepes are filled with a creamy cheese mixture which makes it a very decadent breakfast.
Smoked Gouda, Chicken and Apple Crepe is my savory crepe recipe. This one was probably my favorite! I love how the cheese melted into the crepe and it paired nicely with the chicken & apple. It’s a light dinner option perfect for any day of the week!
Biscoff Raspberry Crepes is a dessert lovers dream! I bought the Biscoff spread at World Market and I pretty much ate the whole jar! My husband doesn’t have much a sweet tooth but he couldn’t stop eating these crepes.
Do you like your meals paired with a cocktail?? When I think of France, I think of champagne. This Peach Bubbly Champagne is made in France & it pairs great with all three recipes! It is on the sweet side but it’s not overpowering. You can buy this Champagne at your local World Market!
Are you getting in the French spirit?? The Summer in Paris Giveaway is still going on. One Grand Prize winner will get:
Trip for 2 to Paris (Airfare & Accommodations)
2 Day Museum Pass, River Cruise
Dinner at the Eiffel Tower
$1,000 World Market gift card
Case of Lorina French Lemonade
Plus, three first prize winners will win a $500 World Market Gift Card!
Participants can earn bonus entries for liking World Market’s Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram & Tumblr brand pages for more chances to win. What are you waiting for?? Click here to enter The Summer In Paris Giveaway!
If you’re looking for recipe & decorating inspiration, head over to World Market! They have everything from kitchen basics on a budget to how to decorate a home office.
- My Favorite Crepe Mix, makes 8 crepes (can be bought at World Market)
- Breakfast Crepe: Strawberry Creamy Crepes
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- Savory Crepe: Smoked Gouda, Chicken & Apple
- Smoked Gouda cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 chicken breast, shredded
- 1 apple, sliced thin
- Dessert Crepe: Biscoff Raspberry Crepe
- 1/4 cup Biscoff spread
- 2 tbsp half & half
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Chocolate sauce, for garnish
- Make the crepes according to package directions. Use 1/4 cup of batter for each crepe. If you make all of the crepes at once, separate each crepe by using wax paper.
- For the breakfast crepe - Add all ingredients (except cool whip & strawberries) to a bowl. Blend with a hand mixer until creamy and smooth. Fold in Cool Whip. In the middle of the crepe, spread the cream cheese filling and top with strawberries. Fold over crepe and serve right away.
- For the savory crepe - On a warm crepe, layer smoked gouda cheese in the middle of the crepe. (It should get a melty!) Top with chicken and apples. Fold over crepe and serve.
- For the dessert crepe - In a bowl, add Biscoff spread and start mixing with a hand mixer. Slowly stream in half & half. Once the mixture is well combined, spread over the crepe. Add raspberries and roll up the crepe. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top.