Today I’m sharing a healthy crock pot recipe your family will love! I depend on my crock pot in the summer to be a little oven. We’re getting 90 degree weather & I hate turning on the oven when it’s that hot. Thank goodness for a crock pot! Almond Crusted Chicken never would’ve made it to our table without it!
I love how easy this recipe is to make! Almond Crusted Chicken is a healthy crock pot recipe you can make any day of the week! If you’re trying to lessen the amount of carbs in your life, be sure to make this recipe! Instead of using a flour breading, a mixture of ground almonds and garlic powder replaces the typical breading. To round out the meal, saute zucchini and steam cauliflower. Of course — there needs to be some kind of dipping sauce for the chicken and veggies… I created a pesto yogurt aioli. It’s perfectly light and rounds out the meal! I know it looks like I have just a little on my plate, but trust me, I loaded a ton of pesto yogurt aioli on there. It was so good!
If you need a quick, easy and healthy dinner – Almond Crusted Chicken is the perfect option!
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce
- 1 large zucchini, sliced and sauteed in extra virgin
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut and steamed
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. In a blender or food processor, grind almonds until they look like a fine powder. Place ground almonds on a flat dinner plate. Mix in garlic powder.
- Beat egg, in a shallow bowl. Season chicken with salt & pepper. Dip chicken in egg, then into the ground almonds. Coat both sides of chicken. Place in the slow cooker. Repeat steps with remaining chicken. Slow cooker should be on the lowest setting; cook for 6-8 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, mayo and pesto. Serve as a dipping sauce with chicken, sauteed zucchini & steamed cauliflower.