Last Friday, we went out to dinner to a local Thai restaurant not too far from our home. It’s BYOB which is always a perk! The food was great. Service was interesting…. We had two different servers, both didn’t have a handle on what we ordered. It just felt kind of chaotic. In the end, we’ll probably order carry out from them so we don’t have to deal with the service again. Or I can make this Thai Chicken Noodle Salad instead. It was pretty amazing!
There are so many things I love about this noodle salad. It can be served hot or cold. So you can make it and eat it warm. Leftovers can be eaten warm or cold. It tastes great both ways. To cut a corner, I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Not having the extra step of cooking chicken is a total time saver. Especially when you’re super hungry or busy during the week. There are a lot of fresh vegetables in this dish – purple cabbage, jalapeno slices, red peppers, green onions and cilantro. The sauce is super easy too! (Pantry ingredients!!) The rice noodles cook up quick. I bought Thai Kitchen’s Rice Noodles. You can find these noodles in the Asian section of a grocery store.
Thai Chicken Noodle Salad recipe makes a lot…. like tons! It’s perfect if you have a few mouths to feed or if you love leftovers. It can be made ahead and eaten through out the week, too. It’s a quick & easy recipe which competes with anything you can order from a Thai restaurant…and a lot healthier for you! I know I’ll be making this Thai Chicken Noodle Salad a lot this summer. I hope you will do the same!
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 8.8 oz box of thin rice noodles (I used Thai Kitchen brand)
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 4 green onions, sliced on an angle
- 2 jalapenos, sliced thin (I left in the ribs and seeds)
- 1 inch ginger root, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Sriracha, to taste (optional)
- Discard chicken skin. Remove chicken from the bones and shred with your hands.
- Bring a large pot filled with water to a boil. Salt the water. Cook noodles according to directions. When done cooking, drain and rinse noodles with cold water. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat sesame oil over high heat. Add red pepper, onions, jalapenos, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add fish sauce, soy sauce and stock. Fold in chicken. Heat the chicken through. Add noodles; mix until well combined. Remove wok from heat. Stir in cabbage and cilantro.
- Dinner is ready! Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days. Serve with Sriracha, if you need additional spice.