This Family Recipe Friday post is super special. This recipe, Cheesy Bacon Bites, is famous in our family. My sister in-law, Dawn, always makes these for family gatherings. And since today is her birthday, I thought highlighting Cheesy Bacon Bites would be perfect!
If you’re looking for an easy recipe for a party or watching a game, these Cheesy Bacon Bites should be on your must make list. It’s a delicious appetizer and very simple to make. All of the ingredients are things you probably have on hand! If you want to make this recipe vegetarian, you can substitute broccoli or your favorite vegetable for the bacon.
I remember the first time I ate one of Dawn’s Cheesy Bacon Bites. We were celebrating Christmas and we always have a huge spread of food…but can you guess what I ate the most of?? Cheesy Bacon Bites! I love how the cream cheese melts in to the crescent dough. The bacon gives a lot of flavor (duh!) and adds some crisp to this bite sized appetizer. Aaaand since it is bite sized, you can totally eat more than just 1!
If you’re looking for a new way to eat bacon and try an easy recipe, you must try Cheesy Bacon Bites! But I do have one warning, once you make these, you’ll always be asked to bring them to a party. But hey, at least it’s a simple appetizer to make!
If you have a family recipe you’d like me to share on The Tasty Fork, shoot me an email to mkearly614(at)gmail(dot)com. I love hearing from my readers!!
- 2 packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1-2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- A few dashes of cracked black pepper
- 2 rolls of Pillsbury Crescents
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Mix cream cheese and the next 3 ingredients until well combined.
- Remove crescents from package. Unroll so its flat and seal up any cracks. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough and roll up lengthwise. Slice and bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.