Cheesy Bacon Bites – Family Recipe Friday

This Family Recipe Friday post is super special. This recipe, Cheesy Bacon Bites, is famous in our family. My sister in-law, Dawn, always makes these for family gatherings. And since today is her birthday, I thought highlighting Cheesy Bacon Bites would be perfect!

Easy Appetizer - Cheesy Bacon Bites. Family Recipe Friday @ The Tasty Fork #easyrecipe

If you’re looking for an easy recipe for a party or watching a game, these Cheesy Bacon Bites should be on your must make list. It’s a delicious appetizer and very simple to make. All of the ingredients are things you probably have on hand! If you want to make this recipe vegetarian, you can substitute broccoli or your favorite vegetable for the bacon.

Simple appetizer recipe with Bacon! Cheesy Bacon Bites. Recipe from The Tasty Fork #easyrecipe

I remember the first time I ate one of Dawn’s Cheesy Bacon Bites. We were celebrating Christmas and we always have a huge spread of food…but can you guess what I ate the most of?? Cheesy Bacon Bites! I love how the cream cheese melts in to the crescent dough. The bacon gives a lot of flavor (duh!) and adds some crisp to this bite sized appetizer. Aaaand since it is bite sized, you can totally eat more than just 1!

Super easy appetizer recipe! Cheesy Bacon Bites!! Family Recipe Friday @ The Tasty Fork

If you’re looking for a new way to eat bacon and try an easy recipe, you must try Cheesy Bacon Bites! But I do have one warning, once you make these, you’ll always be asked to bring them to a party. But hey, at least it’s a simple appetizer to make!

Cheesy Bacon Bites. Family Recipe Friday @ The Tasty Fork #bacon #easyrecipe

If you have a family recipe you’d like me to share on The Tasty Fork, shoot me an email to mkearly614(at)gmail(dot)com. I love hearing from my readers!!

Cheesy Bacon Bites – Family Recipe Friday

Ingredients

• 2 packages of cream cheese, softened
  • 1-2 tbsp chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
  • A few dashes of cracked black pepper
  • 2 rolls of Pillsbury Crescents

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
  2. Mix cream cheese and the next 3 ingredients until well combined.
  3. Remove crescents from package. Unroll so its flat and seal up any cracks. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough and roll up lengthwise. Slice and bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

meghan sig

1. Robin says

Love this change up idea from the usual sausage rolls – has anyone had luck freezing them and baking prior to serving?

2. irene griffin says

Wow! Cheesy bacon bites,can,t wait to try them always looking. For something yummy to bring to parties. I can,t wait irene

3. Mouth Watering Cheesy Bacon Bites Recipe | DIY Home Things says

[…] Thetastyfork - Mouth Watering Cheesy Bacon Bites Recipe […]

4. Pete says

Cheesy Bacon Bites
    Can’t wait to make them,but…
    What size of cream cheese packages?
    How thick to slice?
    What size jelly-roll pan?
    Could find out by trial & error,but why not show it in the recipe?

• Meghan Early Swint says

Hi Pete! I use the 8 oz block of cream cheese, thickness should about 1/4 inch (I use the width of my finger), and you can use any size of jelly roll pan. Just use whatever works. I don’t take step by step photos because the I don’t get a lot of natural light in my kitchen, so the photos don’t do the food justice. Hope that helps!

5. 30 Game Day Recipes | wine & glue says

[…] Cheesy Bacon Bites from The Tasty Fork […]

6. 101 New Year's Eve Eats and Drinks - Rhubarb and Honey says

[…] Cheesy Bacon Bites from The Tasty Fork […]

7. Chrissy says

These look delicious! What a great appetizer for New Years Eve!
    Chrissy recently posted…New Years Eve Activity: Time Capsule QuestionsMy Profile

• Meghan Early Swint says

It’s perfect for NYE!! I can’t get enough of these bites over the holidays!

8. 100+ Tailgating Recipes Round Up says

[…] Cheesy Bacon Bites […]

9. Father's Day Week - Bacon Collection - Will Cook For Smiles says

[...] Cheesy Bacon Bites from The Tasty Fork [...]

10. What's In Your Kitchen Wednesday - Kitchen Meets Girl says

[...] These Cheesy Bacon Bites from The Tasty Fork contain two of my favorite ingredients: cheese and bacon. You can’t go wrong! Unless you don’t like bacon; in which case, what? [...]

11. kayla says

What a wonderful combination!! Looks and sounds amazing!

12. ashley - baker by nature says

Oh my gooooooodness! Cheesy bacon bites sound mind blowing!

13. Heather @ Sugar Dish Me says

Yum! I love your family recipes!
    My kids beg me for something kinda similar to this with sausage and pizza dough. Love the crescent roll and cream cheese combo. Also bacon.

• admin says

Yum! I’ll have to try it with sausage sometime!

14. Lauren says

Oh my word…these look ah-mazing! I’d love for you to come share this at our Pinteresting Party!

15. Miss Messy says

Ooo these sound cracking :)

16. Carolyn says

Man, do those look good. All my favorite ingredients together :-) I’m going to have to make those soon, as I have all those ingredients in my fridge. You’re the first recipe site I’ve ever subscribed to, as all your recipes look yummy, all ingredients (just a few) on hand, & easy peasy! Thanks for the emails Carolyn :-)

• admin says

Awe, thank you Carolyn!! That’s one of the nicest compliments I’ve ever gotten on The Tasty Fork. It makes me so happy to hear you enjoy getting your Tasty Fork updates. Thank you for being a loyal reader!! And I hope you love the cheesy bacon bites!