I know I don’t usually posts on Saturdays, but I have a special treat to share with you. I’m once again taking part in Surprise Recipe Swap. It’s a group for bloggers and we’re all assigned a blog to pick a recipe from and write about it on our own blog. It’s a lot fun if you’re interested in trying new recipes and growing your bloggy network. If you’d like to join the group for May, click on the image at the bottom of the post and sign up.
For April, I was assigned to No Reason Needed. I went through a lot of recipes but I selected Frozen Tolberone Mousse Squares. Toblerone is one of my FAVORITE candy bars. I always buy one every time I’m at Trader Joe’s. I was thrilled to have a recipe which made my Toblerone obsession the star.
This recipe is pretty easy! It has an Oreo crust which is just delicious! The mousse filling is very rich. I found myself only being able to eat half of a square since it was so dense. I love it’s a frozen treat, so you can make it in advance. It would a great treat for a summer get together. It’s a very dense square; almost like ice cream.
I’ve made changes to this recipe to reflect my taste. The original recipe can be found here.
- 1 cup Oreo Cookie Crumbles
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 Toblerone Swiss Milk Chocolate Bars
- 1 (8 ounce) package of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Mix Oreo crumbles with butter. Line a 8x8 baking dish with wax paper. Press cookie mixture into baking dish to form a crust.
- Microwave both Toblerone bars in a bowl on 1 minute increments until chocolate is melted. In a another bowl, whip cream cheese until it's fluffy. Stream in sweetened condensed milk. Add melted chocolate and blend. Fold in Cool Whip. Spread mouse over Oreo crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer overnight. Remove from the baking dish by lifting the wax paper. Cut into squares. Keep in freezer in an airtight container. Before serving, top bars with Oreo crumbs.