Who doesn’t like an easy dinner meal?? Who doesn’t like sloppy joes?? Well my friends, today you’ve stopped by the right blog. I’m sharing with you Asian Style Sloppy Joes.
At least 5 days a week, I’m in the kitchen making dinner. There are days when I don’t mind cooking and can spend hours creating a meal. But most days are not like that. Making dinner as quick as possible is a usual goal for me after a long day.
I’m sure you have a sloppy joe recipe which is popular with your family. Soooo I wanted to switch things up a bit. Use different flavors than your everyday sloppy joe. I’ve picked out my favorite Asian flavors to create a delicious sauce for the sandwiches. This is a quick, easy & tasty meal your family will love!
So get out your hoisin sauce and ginger, it’s time for some Asian Style Sloppy Joes for dinner!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup drained canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 8 hamburger buns
- Spicy pickles (optional)
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the canola oil. Add the onions, celery, Sriracha, garlic & ginger. Stir occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 8 minutes. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the ground chicken and pork and cook, until no pink remains. Stir in hoisin, tomatoes and lime juice and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on hamburger buns. Top with pickles if using.
Recipe from Food & Wine.