It seems like ages ago, but before Christmas, I went to a Holiday Theme Pinterest Party. Being a total pinning addict, this was such a fun party! Everyone made something to share and the recipes had to come from one of your pin boards.
I asked for help from my readers about their favorite party food pins. My friend, Maddie, gave me a great recipe from one of her pin boards. She said it’s always a huge hit anytime she’s made it. It’s super easy, no cooking required and it’s transportable.
I did make a couple changes to the recipe. I used reduced fat feta cheese (you can’t taste the difference!), replaced dried herbs with fresh oregano, parsley & basil and topped the dip with fresh lemon juice.
The dip was a huge hit! It was almost like a Greek style bruschetta since we ate it with bread. It’s definitely something I’ll be making again!!
Feta Dip with Fresh Herbs & Lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1lb Reduced fat feta cheese (buy it in a block, not crumbles)
- 3 -4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 10 Green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp Basil, chopped
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 baguette, sliced
- In a large platter, pour olive oil. (it should cover the bottom of the platter.)
- Crumble feta cheese over platter. Add tomatoes, green onions and herbs. Mix everything together.
- Taste. Add red pepper flakes, salt & pepper.
- Top dip with lemon juice.
- Serve with bread. I bought a french bread baguette from the bakery section at my local grocery store and that was perfect with this dip!
Inspired by Clover Lane