Kiwi, Kale & Apple Smoothie

Kiwi Kale Apple Smooth The Tasty Fork

Hi Everyone!! I’m so happy to back and sharing recipes with you. My bloggy break was a little longer than expected. My mother in-law passed away right after Christmas and I wanted to spend as much time as I could with my husband’s family. As tough of a time it was letting her go, we still managed to have fun as a family. We went to the movies, joined a gym, hosted a New Year’s Eve party and ate a ton of food.

I spent a lot of time with my sister in-law, Janet, during the past few weeks. She truly is one of my favorite people. She’s enthusiastic about everything and has such a great spirit! We probably stimulated the Fort Wayne economy with our daily shopping trips. (We both love shopping malls but rarely get to them since we live in big cities.) On one of our shopping trips, Janet was tempted to buy a Vitamix blender. This is partly my fault; I’m obsessed with mine and always talk about how much I love it. After not being able to find a juice bar in Fort Wayne, Janet was more than ready to buy it but her inner spending demon told her just to wait. Good Girl — because when she returned to Hoboken, Santa had left her a Vitamix underneath the tree.

I got home from Fort Wayne on Saturday and one of the first things I needed to do was make some healthy smoothies for the week. Only eating one food group (casseroles!) for the past 2 weeks, my body needed to get back to healthy eating. And since everyone is still into their New Year’s resolutions, I thought posting a green smoothie recipe would be great!

photo (24)

Did you know you need 9 serving of fruits and vegetables a day?? 9!!! It seems pretty overwhelming. But when you drink your fruits & veggies, it makes it a lot easier. This Green Smoothie is vibrant in color and rich in healthy foods. It tastes great!! I like to make large batches and store individual servings in the fridge so I always have some on hand. This smoothie will keep in the fridge for 3 days in an airtight container.

Head to your produce isle and stock up on your produce. Getting your 9 servings of fruits & veggies just got easier.

meghan sig

• 1 cup kale, ribs removed
  • 1 cup romaine lettuce
  • 1 cup parsley
  • 1 cup frozen pineapple
  • 2-3 ice cubes

Directions:

Put all ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth. If you don’t have a powerful blender, that’s fine, just cut the fruits and veggies into smaller pieces.

kiwi apple kale smoothie the tasty fork

1. 15 Ways to Drink Your Veggies - Kitchen Meets Girl says

[...] Kiwi, Kale and Apple Smoothie [...]

2. Sarah E says

The smoothie looks really good. I’ve never had apple in a smoothie.

Sorry to hear about your mom-in-law. My husband’s great granny, who was 92, but sharp as a tack, passed away on Christmas Eve. It’s definitely rough to lose family around the holidays especially.

3. wonderful wednesday link party #37 says

[...] The Tasty Fork shared a recipe for a Kiwi Kale Apple Smoothie that looks like a healthy and delicious way to start the new year off. [...]

4. Back For Seconds Social *Link Party* « Back for Seconds says

[...] Kiwi, Kale, and Apple Smoothie by The Tasty Fork [...]

5. Wonderful Wednesday Link Party #37 | Printabelle says

6. Back For Seconds says

Girl, this looks delish! I am so happy you linked up last week at the Back for Seconds Social. This smoothie fits in perfectly with Skinny January and I am excited to be featuring you tonight at the Social! Congrats!

7. Trish - Mom On Timeout says

This looks like an amazing start to your day! Thanks for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

8. Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says

I love the color of this smoothie! It would be a great breakfast! Thank you for sharing at All My Bloggy Friends last week. I look forward to seeing what you share this week :)

9. Printabelle says

That’s a lot of wonderful nutrients all in one place! Thanks so much for sharing!

10. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl says

I soooooo need to get on the green smoothie train. Everyone raves over them and I’ve been too scared to try blending my greens. I might just have to give this recipe a try–I LOVE kiwi :-)

I’m so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law; I’ll be keeping you all in my prayers.

11. Bella says

Looks so delicious, and so healthy!

12. Shiloh Barkley says

Pretty new design! I must admit, I did like the newspaper look. It was really unique.

13. Robin says

I love Kiwi – What a good idea. I saw your link on Serendipity and Spice. I would love for you to come by and share your creativity with my friends @

Robin@ Fluster Buster