Wow. This was a mouthful. A delicious mouthful.
Grilled chicken sandwiches are great… but just the same ol’ recipe won’t do it for me. I changed up my everyday honey mustard vinaigrette recipe by adding in some curry and cilantro. YUM!
Switch out the traditional sandwich toppings with apple slices, red grapes and spring lettuce mix.
This isn’t your same ol’, same ol’ chicken sandwich.
I like this sandwich mainly because it’s tastes good (duh!) but it’s a great week night meal. It doesn’t require a lot of work, it’s healthy and you’ll love the way the curry flavor pairs with the apples & grapes.
Spice up your everyday chicken sandwich with this recipe…. and doesn’t it look like summer??!!
Curried Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches, serves 2
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 1/2-1 tsp curry powder (depending on your taste)
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup grapes, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup spring lettuce minced
- 2 sandwich buns
- In a bowl, add garlic, mustard, honey, cilantro and curry powder. Wisk. Stream in olive oil slowly while wisking. Taste. Add salt & pepper. Set bowl aside
- Turn grill to medium heat. Season chicken with salt & pepper. Grill chicken 8 minutes each side, or until no longer pink. Drench chicken with vinaigrette, cook one more minute.
- Toast your sandwich buns. Top sandwich bun with chicken, apples, grapes, green onions and lettuce. Drizzle vinaigrette over sandwich and on the top half of the bun.