I made this on Saturday night. My husband was thrilled I was making something with his drink of choice. Whiskey.
After his first bite, he named this recipe “Party Boy Pork Chops.” I’m pretty sure that’s a good thing.
I’m not a huge fan of whiskey…. but I really liked this grilled pork chop! You can taste the whiskey, but it pairs nicely with the grilled peaches. I was bummed my grocery store didn’t have fresh peaches, so I substituted canned peaches. I think it turned out better — the peaches were so sweet!
This was the perfect meal to eat on a Saturday night. I was happy to use my grill and infuse some booze into our meal.
I learned if I ever need to sweet talk my hubby, I don’t need to talk… just serve him some Party Boy Pork Chops and I’m sure he won’t be able to tell me no.
Whiskey Glazed Pork Chops and Grilled Peaches
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 pork chops
- 2 peaches, halved (or 1 can of halved peaches)
- Mix the whiskey and the next 7 ingredients in a bowl. Transfer about 6 tablespoons of the marinade to a small microwave bowl. Add pork chops and peaches to the remaining marinade. Let it sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Grill pork chops and peaches. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until the pork is done.
- Warm up the remaining marinade in the microwave for 90 seconds. Spoon over pork chops and peaches.
- If you want an additional side — saute up some spinach in olive oil and sprinkle in some almonds. Just when the spinach starts to wilt, take spinach off the heat and add a little lemon juice to the spinach.