My days have been crazy. busy. stressful. When I get home, all I want is a quick, no hassle meal. Oh, and I want wine. My brother in-law was nice enough to fuel my wine love by giving me 17 bottles of wine. I know – 17 bottles!!! You’d think I’d have a party but I’ve been having a great time pairing my evening meals with some nice vino.
This breakfast pizza is something you could have in the morning… but I think it’s a perfect breakfast for dinner kind of meal.
First thing you want to do is spray cooking spray on both sides of a whole wheat pita. Then season the pita with garlic salt & pepper. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes at 350 degrees. One the pita is crispy, remove from the oven. Add sliced tomatoes to the perimeter of the pita. Layer spinach and form a little circle in the middle of the pita. Crack an egg and place it in the center of the pita. It will look like this…
Can you see the egg??
Top with a few reduced fat feta cheese crumbles. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Bake time depends on how you like your egg.
Once the pizza is done, top with sun-dried tomatoes and more feta cheese crumbles.
I paired my breakfast pizza with a light, crisp wine. Yealands Sauvignon Blanc to be exact. It was perfect!
Enjoy this meal for dinner!! Or you could have it for breakfast, just skip the wine.
Veggie Breakfast Pizza, meal serves 1
- 1 whole wheat pita
- 1/2 roma tomato sliced, cut each slice in half
- 1/2 cup spinach, rough chop
- 1 egg
- Reduced fat feta cheese crumbles
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Red pepper flakes
- Set over to 350 degrees. Spray both sides of pita with cooking spray. Season with garlic salt & pepper. Bake for 8 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove pita from the oven. Top with tomatoes & spinach. Crack egg and place it in the middle of the pita. Top with a few feta cheese crumbles. Bake for 10-15 minutes. May need to bake longer if you like the egg yolk well done.
- Once pizza is done, top with more feta cheese, red pepper flakes and a few sun-dried tomatoes. Eat immediately!