Today was Day 3 of my new work out plan. I’m a fan of the company, Beach Body, and I’ve done a few of their work out series including Insanity & Turbo Jam. So after seeing the Brazil Butt Lift infomerical for the 12th time, I finally caved and ordered it. I’m glad I did. I can already tell it’s a good work out. I know this because everytime I get up from a chair, my first few steps are more like a waddle. I haven’t had a work out like this in a long time…. please hold the giggles.
Besides a good work out, one of the things I love are no-cook meals. These types of recipes are usually pretty quick & there isn’t much clean up. Perfect for a week night meal!
This might sound a little crazy but I rarely have bread in my house….but I always have tortillas. So when I want a sandwich, I’ll turn it into a wrap by eating it in a tortilla. Delicious, less carbs & calories.
A tip when using tortillas, they should be warm. They roll & fold much better that way. You can stick them in the microwave for 10 seconds or you can do what I do. I like to put a tortilla directly on a lit gas burner (on the stove) & cook it for a few seconds on each side. I learned this in my Cuisine of Mexico class and it’s the only way I do it.
Since I wanted to use the fresh ingredients I bought earlier in the week, I came up with a Chicken & Goat Cheese wrap. It also has roasted red peppers, mushrooms & salad greens. This recipe is great because all you need is a cutting board, a knife and a bowl. After dicing everything up, throw it into a bowl, add some flavor and then it goes onto the tortilla. In regards to adding flavor, I used balsamic vinegar & olive oil. You can use any vinegar you have on hand.
This recipe is scaled for two people. However, since I was only feeding myself, I ate the extra as a salad. See…
This is a quick, easy & tasty meal. And great for the waistline.
Chicken & Goat Cheese Wrap
- 1 cup spring salad mix (any type of greens would work)
- 1/2 cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 roasted red pepper, diced
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar (any vinegar you like, use it!)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Tortilla, (I used whole wheat)
- 1 tbs goat cheese
- Add everything except the tortilla & goat cheese to a bowl. Toss well.
- Warm tortilla. Spread goat cheese on tortilla and top with salad mixture.
- Fold the top and the bottom of the tortilla in towards the salad mixture. While holding the ends down, fold over the side of the tortilla that’s closest to you. Then roll the tortilla over towards the salad mixture and roll until you reach the the far side of the tortilla. It should look like a burrito. (Hope that makes sense!!)